Graphics Card Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus_mp

Solid State Member
Here's the problem: I was switching out my dvd drive and finally finished, ready to boot my computer back up. When I booted I noticed my screen has something like a light green color to it and it's right from the POST screen and still in Windows. I'm sure it's my graphics card as I hooked the monitor up to a seperate tower and everything was fine. What might have happened? Is there anything I can do without buying a new card? I currently have an ATI X700 PCI-E card.

Turn off Computer.
Take video card out, Clean contacts and Fan. Blow out Video Slot. If Video card has a power connector dissconnect it and clean contacts. replace power connector. Video card back in. Turn on Computer. If it still has it. Then buy a cheap replacement Video card and put it in. This way youll know if the video card is bad. If the problem presists with the replacement then its not the video card its the Motherboard and should be RMAed.

I did blow out the contacts after I saw the problem. One thing that I do recall and cannot figure out how is before all this happened I disconnected my whole computer and opened the case to blow out dust, making sure to keep the dust off about 6 inches away and vertical when all of a sudden a blast of really cold air like moisture came out and shot on the graphics card. None of the circuits look bad and I've actually seen worse done in other computers.

I'm actually talking to my wife about just getting a pre-made computer. I built this computer 2 1/2 years ago and the past 3 months I had my ASUS Mobo die, HP DVD R/W die, power supply die and now the graphics card acting up. The new board I have is the ASUS P5W DH Deluxe, but I'm looking at computers that already have the duo core processors in them as well as some good memory as I do a lot of video editing. Any suggestions there? Thank you again for you help.

I have that happen alot with old monitors and its always the cable. Wiggle the cable to see if it changes. Worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom