CPU Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalala123

Baseband Member
this is what i have in my old system. Sony Viao PCV-RX550

I don't know what Mobo i have. How can i find out?

Intel(R)Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.50GHz
with
Socket 478 mPGA

does the CPUs below work in my mobo? Is had the same Socket type. But i don't know what mPGA is. what is it? does it make a different?

Intel Celeron D 325 Prescott 2.53GHz 256KB L2 Cache
Socket 478 Processor

Intel Celeron D 340 2.93GHz 478 pin
478Pin refers to Socket 478 right?

If the CPU has Socket 478 than the mobo must have the same Socket right? what about the chip set of the mobo? does it matter? or its ok as long as cpu and mobo have the same socket type?

If either Celeron D work in my system, will it be any faster than the P4 i have now?

Will the Celeron D work at its full capacity?

My system only have 512MB of SDRAM will that hinder the Celeron D?

If i buy a OEM Celeron D 325 or 340 do i need to buy a cooling fan? or will the old one in my pc work just fine?

thanks

Mobo

ASUSTeK Computer INC
Model P4B-LX REV 1.xx
Shipset Intel I845 Rev. A3
Southbridge Intel 82801BA (ICH2)

Bios

Brand Award Sotware, Inc.
Version ACPI BIOS Revision 1004

SO will these Cpus work on my Mobo?

Do i need a new heat sinking or can i Just use the one i have now?

thanks

i dont think you're board will support the cpu cause the board supports a maximum fsb of 400mhz and the celeron d has a fsb of 533mhz. your board's chipset is the intel 845 which supports p4 processors up to 2.4ghz and celerons up to 2.8. it doesnt support the celeron d.

if you keep with 478, you wont need to get a new heat sink and fan.

m6qrp said:
i dont think you're board will support the cpu cause the board supports a maximum fsb of 400mhz and the celeron d has a fsb of 533mhz. your board's chipset is the intel 845 which supports p4 processors up to 2.4ghz and celerons up to 2.8. it doesnt support the celeron d.

if you keep with 478, you wont need to get a new heat sink and fan.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom