MCE 2005 Annoyance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather950

Baseband Member
I recently re-installed Microsoft Media Center 2005 and changed the file location to an added 150 GB drive in the system, after some difficulties I installed PowerDVD 7 and the system worked great again, The only problem is that in the Recorded TV menu there are two listings for each recorded show... this gets annoying after a while. I am not sure what caused this but I used TweakMCE from Microsoft to change the recorded tv file location. Can anyone help...

Thanks,
JD

No, there is only one hard copy on the drive, but two entries in the recorded tv menu. Just frustrating

mcerecordingsettings.jpg

When you do setup in media center, how many folders is it pointing too?

I'd remove em all, then start from scratch and point it to the right one.

In the settings it says recording to drive F, which is a 250GB drive I added in for storage. I even checked in tweak MCE microsofts add on and it says forlder to record (F:\) and even folder to watch (F:\)

What was the old folder called? was it the same drive letter?

media center has a lot of little annoying quirks.

I added the drive and then did a fresh install of MCE, my C local drive has no content on it other than MCE install files. Drive F has all the newly recorded content on it once, but it just shows up as two entries in MCE's recorded tv interface, both entries take me to the file when i click on them

I'd play around with it point it to C:/ then close media center and reopen it. Hopefully it will be empty, then repoint it to F:/

I had a similar problem when I moved my music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom