agp x800

Status
Not open for further replies.

mozik

Solid State Member
Hi guys im currently playing this game called call of duty im running it at about 40 50 fps on a 6200 oced, but i was thinking about building a new comp so i can get 333 fps all the time and run hi graphics do you think it would be worth me buying a x800 for £70 and new power supply say 580 watt or high and then playing untill i have the money to build my comp i wasnt sure realy hmm post what you would do, considering im at school and dont gain to much money birthdays in feb

Well if ur only playing cod then 40-50FPS is great. But if playing COD2, BF2 etc you will need something a bit more powerful. What are your specs now?

Try getting a 7600GS if your budget is limited. they are going very cheap now and they peform very well. You could OC it to GT level then you would have a great gaming card that could play nearly anything on high. It all depends on your CPU aswell so better post your specs

sorry, gameing im only probley going to be playing untill my new comp will be, battlefeild 2124 pr w/e and call of duty2, i most bothered about max fps on call of duty 2 so i thought a cheap x 800 and a 600 watt power supply would last me till new comp my specs:

Pent4 2.8ghz
gigabyte montherboad
1gbram
geforce 6200 256mb
230watt powersupply-_-

if you need any more info my xfire is hitmancod

msn reaperkillerz@hotmail.co.uk thanks!

you people on here realy dont seem to know jack about fps do you, on call of duty you can have 1000fps, i know the human eye can see like 40 fps or w/e but the rate at which your gun fires is faster due to the amount of fps say i have 30fps i will lag etc so there for you can shoot your gun fast it causes jerks etc.but when i have fps lock to 333 with a good card you will be able to play alot better cause you wont lag do you understand. 50 fps!! is ****

nah i just think that you nerds just wanna get he most out of your computer even if it doesnt benifit. And as you said the human eye can only see 40+ fps exactly my point.

Wow, if you're so high and mighty, why do you ask for our help? In my opinion you should put down the video games and learn a thing or two about etiquette... or punctuation for that matter.

i cant understand why youd want 33 fps all the time,, whats the point, also you really dont need a 580 watt psu for an x800

Go ahead and buy a nice power supply now, as well as the 7600gs.

The power supply you can then reuse in your next build, and you can OC the 7600gs and it will be able to handle COD much better than what you currently have.

About fps: Any amount of FPS over your refresh rate on your monitor is wasted frames. Most LCDs have a refresh rate of 60hz, while nice CRTs can have up to about 80hz. Your monitor can only show so many fps, so if your graphics card is spitting out more than that your monitor isn't showing them. I like to keep my FPS somewhere in the 50-60-70 range, anything above that turn the quality up, anything below that turn the quality down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom