heatsink/fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

twopointshotdr

Baseband Member
please no amd vs. intel arguments....haha.... : )

anywho....

i just wanted to know what would be a good heatsink/fan to cool a AMD Athlon 64 FX-62, working with a GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard. (copy and paste). anyways, so yea i know this thing can run hot and will require some good cooling. Butt...i dont want something thats going to sound like L.A.X. in my computer. any help would really be appreciated!!

Try keeping all your questions for your computer build in the same thread, thanks. On a side note, I have no idea what the ideal CPU cooler for that is.

XP-120 - Tornado or Delta Fan
XP-90 - Tornado or Delta Fan
TT Big Typhoon
Zalman 9700
Ninja Scythe

Artic silver 5 for any choice.

Ste said:
XP-120 - Tornado or Delta Fan
XP-90 - Tornado or Delta Fan
TT Big Typhoon
Zalman 9700
Ninja Scythe

Artic silver 5 for any choice.

wow ok...so all of these will fit. My main worry from pictures is that the memory slots, are really close on one side to the cpu socket. So i was worried that a huge awesome heatsink would obstruct some of my ram slots...but thanks for all those! : )

yea sorry jumping bean....i forgot where i put it...and got lazy idk, im at work so....haha.....but yea....

They are Big, but some motherboard sites have a list of compatible heatsinks for given boards. So check the website.

IMO, I would go for the XP-90 with a Delta Fan (High CFM and less noise compared to the tornados.)

thank you!!! let me sell my dog...my g/f and everything...haha....thank you for respecting that! : ) !!!

and thanks for the help!!

i think i remember reading something about the scythe ninja out performing the big typhoon... but not by much.

i think the Scythe SCNJ-1000P is probably the best out there... it has 9 heat pipes, thats 3 more than the others... heat pipes are where all the majic happens ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom