What can the 8800GTX do that the 8800GTS cant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of now the only difference that is noticable is the texture/pixel shaders... to me (since I own a GTS) There are MANY differences, but, any DX9 game is played at max settings (except Oblivion)

So I personally don't think the 200 is worth it at this point. Like everyone else say, and I agree, you get the "best for the moment" cause soon, it won't be. But I am more than happy with mine...

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=475&card2=474

There was a thread about it not too long ago that Trotter had inserted and article about the settings of Oblivion. Saying that on ALL max setting the frame rate was very, very low. I don't remember the exact, but it was severly lagged, even on a GTX.

But I have Bloom lighting, and 2x Antialiasing, and max shading, shadows, water, etc... it looks lovely and no lag... SO you won't notcie the difference unless your looking at frame rates.

nope, Oblivion still holds the "Un-Max-able" title, I think its the only game that has been so graphically heavy for such a long period.

By the way, the Memory Bandwith in GB's that is written in that site, its only because the extra 100Mhz that this card has on the memories?? If so then a slight overclock will make it the same, but it looks suspicious that 100MHz gives a 22GB/ps rate difference.......

Edit: Craig! Gratz for the 2K ahahah :D

-Jo

Nukem said:
There are MANY differences, but, any DX9 game is played at max settings (except Oblivion)
[/url]

Oblivion can't run max on 8800GTS !!!!!! At what resolution do you play it ?? what is your computer spec ?

I have a friend of mine who have 7950GT, 2GB ram and intel E6600, and he play oblivion on 1280x1024 on Max settings. He just have AA off because Geforce 7950GT can't do HDR and AA at the same time.

Deathawk said:
Oblivion is made on a bad engine, that's probably why you guys can't max it ^^

Thats prolly true. But Oblivion has VERY good graphics for DX9. So has Cod2

maroon1 said:
Oblivion can't run max on 8800GTS !!!!!! At what resolution do you play it ?? what is your computer spec ?

I have a friend of mine who have 7950GT, 2GB ram and intel E6600, and he play oblivion on 1280x1024 on Max settings. He just have AA off because Geforce 7950GT can't do HDR and AA at the same time.

Your said it right there... AA is off. I have all the shading, shadows, etc... maxed out, and AA @ x2 with the 8800GTS, running on a S939 4400 x2 w/1280x1024 and I get no lag...

I tried it with AA @ 4x and it was slight lag... 8X ... NO WAY... I couldn't do it... It looked like I was trying to run in place... I literally got about 4-5 FPS.

I can play Oblivion at max settings: 1200 X 1600 resolution, Shaders, Water, Etc. MAX, HDR, and even some texture enhancements and the game still runs PERFECTLY, especially with the latest drivers. I get lowest 30fps outdoors. (Average is about 45-60 :D) Indoors, anywhere from 100 to 150fps. GTS is worth it for TODAY, GTX will be worth it for TOMORROW. Personally, I think spending even 500$ for a videocard is insane, but I had some money lying around. If I were you, I would get a GTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom