DVD Decrypter tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceaduo

Solid State Member
I've never burned/copied a DVD. I have a DVD burner on my new computer now.

I've copied a few downloaded television shows to a DVD disc using Sonic. The only way I can get them to play in my DivX compatible dvd player (connected to my TV) is to burn/copy them as a 'data' file instead of video for some reason.

Anyway, now I've got an old DVD of the movie Young Guns and I want to burn a copy of it. 1. a copy to my computer & 2. a copy onto another DVD disk.

I've heard about DVD Decrypter, but don't know how to use it. Will someone give me a layman's walkthrough please? If this is the wrong idea about DVD Decrypter then will someone tell me what this software is all about?

Thanks a lot, in advance. I appreciate it.

I would try the program DVD Shrink first. Then use only decryptor if you run into encryption problems with newer DVD's. DVD shrink is pretty self explanitory in itself when you launch the program. You hit the OPEN DISC button, select the drive with the DVD, and select backup and either choose the location to save the ripped files or if you have Nero Burning ROM choose to record it on the fly as they work together.

Ya, I use dvd shrink and if that fails I then use dvd decryptor. Then use clonedvd to burn it to a disc.

Newer dvds require a lot more steps then older ones, involving a multiple programs.

Yep for sure they do. I found that the program DVD Fab Dycryptor has had NO problems decyrpting any of the problem encryption DVD's. Of course you still need DVD shrink after decrypted to make it fit on a standard DVD.

@ Warez Monster,

That is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Thanks a lot.

Now a couple questions;

1. Does DVD shrink burn to a disk for you? Or, does it just 'shrink' files somehow/someway? I notice most DVD's after having been DVD decrypted are too large to put on standard 4.7 GB disks.

2. Does DVD shrink convert the files into a new file type? Will it be playable in a standard DVD player?

For Copying Bought DVD's.
Run DVD Decrypter then use DVD shrink to "shrink" the file then burn to DVD as replica.

To Burn Xvid avi divx movies from the internet to DVD. Use
ConvertxtoDVD (VSO).

What ive always done, never had a problem.

Sceaduo said:
@ Warez Monster,

That is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Thanks a lot.

Now a couple questions;

1. Does DVD shrink burn to a disk for you? Or, does it just 'shrink' files somehow/someway? I notice most DVD's after having been DVD decrypted are too large to put on standard 4.7 GB disks.

2. Does DVD shrink convert the files into a new file type? Will it be playable in a standard DVD player?

Yes it will if you have a program to burn in with like Nero, can someone confirm that it can/cant burn to a dvd if you dont have a burning program installed, I cant remember off the top of my head as I havent been burning DVDs in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom