750 watt power supply vs. 1000 watt power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenplantseed

Baseband Member
Hello,
so I'm wondering what's the best power option for a really fast setup... a 750 watt power supply or a 1000 watt power supply? Does this even matter? Just FYI, I'll be gettting an 8800GTX card, a Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E6600 (4MB L2 Cache,2.4GHz,1066 FSB), 2 gigs of memory, and a Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D) Sound Card, 2 cd/dvd drives, and a nice sound system. So, 750 or 1000?

that will run fine on a good 500W PSU. a 550W one would be perfect; just don't go for a cheap one.

you don't need a 750W PSU unless you want to go SLI with another 8800 GTX.

Ya a 600w would be plenty as long as it is actually that many watts. But what you want to pay attention to is the number of amps on the 12v rails, you should see this in the specs for the power supply.

yep, but you dont want too many on 1 rail. like a power supply with 15 amps on each rail and there are 2 rails would provide very stable strong power.

550W or 600W is just fine. Even 550W can handle SLI 8800 GTX. Antec PSUs are pretty good.

Those super PSUs are for computers with things like dual CPUs (actual two different processors, not dual core), lots of hard drives, lots of extention cards, maybe dual GPU, etc.

I don't see who would need 1KW of power anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom