cyrax's Complete Guide (Including Photos!) to Building Your Own Rig!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cyrax said:
When I bought all the parts about 9 months ago, the total was about $2,500 NZD. The processor being the most expensive. Hate how all my parts depreciated in value so much though, I could probably build this thing now for a grand less.
Yeah, the electronics industry is like that.........I can't wait to build my rig

Cyrax, I consulted your building guide to answer one question: Which memory modules do I install my 2 Corsair 1024MB DDR 2 sticks in order to utilize the dual channel feature? In step 11 you answered that, great!

but then I read:

mgoldb2 said:
Acturally it depends on the motherboard. I have seen motherboards where you have to put the sticks in opposite color slots to run dual channel.

Aaack! I have an ECS nForce 570 SLIT-A v5.1 Socket 775 mobo, and nowhere in the manual does it specify how the channels are laid out. It is written clearly on the board that it is a dual channel. The modules are orange and purple alternating. Can anybody tell me which it is? Can I tell when I turn on my rig if the dual channel is operating or not?

Thanks for this, I have seen several guides and this one is a much better reference page. Not a lot of instructions, short and to the point. It may not have every little detail but for people who have seen the long version I am sure this will be great. Thanks again!

nice work man, this should help those **** noobs (like myself)...where abouts in new zealand are you, tell you wat, ill let you come over and build me a new comp(as long as ur payin) :p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom