New Hard Drive Install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MoMan813 said:
Well, I found out that I had a few registrys were corrupted and I fixed them and it downloaded fine. So, now I have Service Pack 1 and so far, I can still only get the computer to read 31GB of the 160GB. Is there something else I need to do now that I have SP1 installed. Thanks for the help everyone.

Check to see if your motherboard has a bios update, they somtimes add big hard drive support with a revision.

Sorry, Im a newbie at this. I guess first of all how do I find out what motherboard I have? We were trying to figure this out in another post and I posted all my serial numbers and things but never got a response.

Well, I was reading that other post and saw that it was you that I was talking about it with. Here is what I found on my motherboard: Intel N82802AB8 A2340401. Hope this helps. Thanks.

Well, I opened max blaster 3 that came with the new hard drive for installing it and everything. When I ran it, it did the same as when I ran it before and it still only read 31GB of it.

ekÆsine said:
i didn't read the replies, but after you installed SP1 did you check back with disk management?

Try out ekÆsine's suggestion, you should see any and all physical and logical drive partitions and should be able to see the "lost" space there.

HoLoCroN said:
Try out ekÆsine's suggestion, you should see any and all physical and logical drive partitions and should be able to see the "lost" space there.

In which case he could just merge the extra space in with the pre-existing data... Maybe he should check out Partition Magic.

MoMan813 said:
Well, I was reading that other post and saw that it was you that I was talking about it with. Here is what I found on my motherboard: Intel N82802AB8 A2340401. Hope this helps. Thanks.

Well those serials aren't on the list. Check this site out and see if you cant find it.:
http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherbd/index.htm?iid=ipp_home+desk_boards&

The only partition it shows is: Partition 1: Type FAT32, Size 33.8GB, and it says that I can delete that partition and make one of my own, but when I do that, it still only allows for the 33 GB.

MoMan813 said:
The only partition it shows is: Partition 1: Type FAT32, Size 33.8GB, and it says that I can delete that partition and make one of my own, but when I do that, it still only allows for the 33 GB.

You really have to find out the model of your motherboard. Did you build this computer or did you buy it?

I bought it from DELL. I have been soo busy with other things though, I havent had a chance to call and ask them. I will try and do that tomorrow and let you know what they say. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom