Dell.com vs. Cyberpower.com/Ibuypower.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ste said:
Beefcake, wheres the heart, gotta have a good heart for them uber component......

Gotta have a good cooling system also, wheres that?

Hey, hey, hey, I'm tired, just trying to prove a point. I doubt Dell has many computers with a good cooling system :p

If he really wanted too he could be getting a beast of a machine, SLI 8800GTX, watercooling, for example. Showing how much cheaper it is by getting the exact same specs (except for the video card, didn't have any 7950 GX2 on newegg, besides 8800 is better) off newegg and DIY.

If you're parents are giving you $3000 to spend on a fast desktop, buy from a company that specializes in fast desktops, like Alienware, not a Dell. (I know Dell owns them, but they're still different in terms of quality.)

Greenplantseed said:
What is it with you guys and building your own computer? I think that you'd have less issues with a prebuilt computer and no compatability issues.

You'd think. But it's the complete opposite, unless you get an Apple computer.

Dell = more issues, more compatibility issues.

Beefcake said:
Now there are some cons

#1 Windows - You need to find a way to get a copy of Windows, either buying it or not paying for it (wink, wink)

Yes, because Windows is the almighty power of the universe. :rolleyes:

Greenplantseed said:
I don't know, something tells me that Dells will have less reliability issues. This is my gut instinct... what if ibuypower goes bankrupt? Or if they are cheap for a reason? I can't think of any reason not to buy a dell... except for some of the reasons listed by Beefcake. Besides, I can delete all the extra apps I don't need, and all my stuff will be preinstalled. Check out this setup:
$3,153
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E6600 (4MB L2 Cache,2.4GHz,1066 FSB)
Genuine Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition with re-installation CD
Express Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium from XP Media Center Edition
2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 2 DIMMs
250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
Dual Drives: 48x Combo + 16x DVD+/-RW w/ dbl layer write capable
20 inch UltraSharp™ 2007WFP Widescreen Digital Flat Panel
1GB NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2 Dual-GPU Graphics Card
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D) Sound Card
Plus a nice speaker system and microsoft office 2007 w/ word and excel

That's a pretty good deal, and this will be an out of the box ready to PLAY setup. If I order from ibuypower I might get a lower price, but Dell has a nice aesthetic appeal, no hassle, and reliable service. Plus, they have quiet fans and lots of extras. I know this might soudn redundant to you if you have a reason for sticking with ibuypower or cyberpower, but I don't know those reasons yet (aside from what beefcake and others have said). So, being the new tech guy that I am this can be difficult to comprehend without all the necessary info. ??? :)

That is NOT a good deal, as you can probably notice from beefcakes post. You could add a case and get a better monitor, such as this, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824252006 add speaker system which would kick the dell system's ***, such as this, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836121120
add a nice mouse and keyboard setup, and your system will be BETTER AND STILL $500+ less! By the way, the company which makes the monitor I linked to you produces most if not all of Dell's current LCD monitors. But hey, it's your money (or parents) so do what you want, but if you're going to stick by your original idea, why did you even come to this forum to ask us?

dell=no friggin way.
i have read reviews also of the other ones mentioned, no good cust service, and lots of issues with build.
due, it is not hard to build it yourself. trust me. not hard at all. someone told me it's like a 10 piece jigsaw puzzle, and you just put the pieces together. that analogy is exactly correct.
if you want a basic desktop for email and stuff like that, go dell.
if you want a rig that does everything you want, including email lol,...build it!

The General said:
Yes, because Windows is the almighty power of the universe. :rolleyes:

Yes, General sir! I forgot about Linux! Sir!

Because almost nobody uses Windows, therefor he would have a platform that only a small population of PC owners use, I can't believe I forgot Sir!

I forgot that the majority of games don't work with windows, I apologize.

:p :p j/k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom