Computer shutting off during the night

Status
Not open for further replies.

transcend11

Solid State Member
This has happened 2 nights now. I'll go to bed around 3 AM, wake up at 11, and my computer will be powered down. I have an Antec Truepower 550W PSU. I've had this build for over a year and have not had any problems.

Is this something with the power supply? We haven't had any storms or anything like that.

Or is this something from windows? Did I get my first virus/trojan/something nasty? I am guarded with norton and have scanned with spybot and adaware. Is there something to look at to see why it powered down?

Any ideas?

My specs:
DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D, AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice @ 2.45GHz, BFG GeForce 7900 GT 256MB @ 550/1600, 2x Kingston HyperX 512MB PC3000 SDRAM

You can go into control panel/System/ Administrative tools/Event Viewer and look under the headings on the left to see what is going on just open all of them and see what is going on at the time frame your talking about. There should be some sign to kind of give you a hint.

Perhaps it has something to do with power management Control Panel - Power options
or go into Bios and take a look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom