Booting problems. ehhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

pukgandi

Baseband Member
When i start up my computer the bios doesnt beep and nothing shows up on the monitor. Worked fine last night. Im going out to buy a new battery right now. Posting this for if the battery isnt the case. so... any ideas?

check the RAm for any errors by using microsoft Memtest, or ur PSU might be dying on u.

can post ur pc specs

Mobo: GA-k8nxp sli
ram: 2x 512 pc3200 kingston valueram
GFX: EVGA nvidia 7800 gt
250 gb seagate
Thermaltake silent purepower psu
3800+ amd athlon 64

Ive changed my cmos battery, unplugged everything except video card and psu and processor but still nothing. Everything turns on just the motherboard doesnt beep and nothing shows up on the monitor.

It would be nice if this was a psu issue, but how could that be the cause if everything is still running?

ok lets take it from the beginning.

You turn on the pc, do the indicator lights come on on the front of the pc ?
do you here any fans ?
does the indicator on the monitor stay yellow or does it change to green ?

You might want to try pulling the plug on the power supply and remove your ram. Do NOT put the ram back in. Plug in the power supply and turn the pc back on. A healthy system will start beeping, complaining that there is no ram. Make sure to pull the plug before putting the ram back. Most PC stores like COMPUSA or mail order pc stores have power supply testers for ATX 24 and 26 pin power supplies. They are usually around $25.

List All components. (Specifics on Power supply Needed, unless already done)
List the cooling setup and heatsink.
When did this problem start?
Did you add any new software or hardware as of Late?

Dissconnect all components except CPU, Video card and One Stick of RAM. Clear the CMOS by removing the small coin like battery for Two Minutes. Remove the motherboard from the case and place it on a hard non-conductive surface.

Turn it on and if it POSTs, Shut down, put it back in the case, add one component and repeat the process until it no longer boots. The Component that was added last most likely caused the Non-POST and should be RMAed and or Replaced.

Report Back.

(lol)

Well, everything seems to be working but my mobo. Ram, vga, cpu, and psu were all working currectly. So im ordering a new mobo and rmaing my current one. Thanks all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom