Laptop not performing at said speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Mr. Apokalipse, can u be my buddy? umm, I doubt why my CPU-z reading is Socket 479 mPGA.. My processor is only a low class Celeron 380 but why same socket?? I'm too confused..

Ok, I get it.. Same socket 479 since they have the same number of pins but 1 pin was positioned differently making it incompatible...T_T
Sorry, My bad...

mj9999 said:
Whoa, does anyone here tried overclocking their laptops? I tried mine, it's just a Celeron 380 @ 1.6Ghz but I've tried overclocking it once to 1.9Ghz stable..But later on I tried again and settled to just 1.75Ghz...No worries...Umm, can anyone help me with my system? I need an uber techie buddy here...
I've pinmodded my Dell Inspiron 9300 with a Pentium M 745. Overclocked it from a 1.8 GHz with 400 MHz FSB to a 2.4 GHz with 533 MHz FSB.

I use Notebook Hardware Control to make it run at full speed when plugged in to AC and runs at minimum speed (800 MHz) when on battery. It runs really cool and gives me a lot of battery life.

Notebook Hardware Control also lets you take full control over voltages and clock speeds with Centrino laptops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom