Heeeeeelp!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heelsparky

Solid State Member
I have a Hp Pavillion

I tried to to a non destructive restore and it ended up restoring it so i cant access my files anymore, it says i dont have permission.
Is there any way i can undo this restore.

That type of restore is only supposed to restore, and not touch the files i had created.

What do i DO????????????????????:mad:

So you reformatted, and can't get your old files that WERE on the hard disk?

You'll need a backup program. Unfortunately, the more money you spend, the more you can get from the computer.

In an easier term:

When you reformat, it still keeps the files deep in the hard drive, but you need a recovery program to get them back. It's a money-making scheme marketed by Best Buy.

would you have any suggestions of any programs that might do this? I only need my documents and the favorites.
And the icons on my desktop.

no I dont think that he reformated, I think he did something like a system restore in which case he would just have to go in and change all the permission settings?

Did you preform a system restore?
If so, what OS?

there is only one user account tho
i logged into safe mode and tried to go into the built in administrator account but it just froze up, i tried that twice.
how can it not let me in my own files?????? on my own user accounts???????????????
i dont get it

i performed whats called a "nondestructive hp recovery"
it restores all of the origional factory programs but is supposed to leave the files i had created alone
i had done it before and it worked fine

i am running windows xp SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom