Dell.com vs. Cyberpower.com/Ibuypower.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, something tells me that Dells will have less reliability issues. This is my gut instinct... what if ibuypower goes bankrupt? Or if they are cheap for a reason? I can't think of any reason not to buy a dell... except for some of the reasons listed by Beefcake. Besides, I can delete all the extra apps I don't need, and all my stuff will be preinstalled. Check out this setup:
$3,153
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E6600 (4MB L2 Cache,2.4GHz,1066 FSB)
Genuine Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition with re-installation CD
Express Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium from XP Media Center Edition
2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 2 DIMMs
250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
Dual Drives: 48x Combo + 16x DVD+/-RW w/ dbl layer write capable
20 inch UltraSharp™ 2007WFP Widescreen Digital Flat Panel
1GB NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2 Dual-GPU Graphics Card
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D) Sound Card
Plus a nice speaker system and microsoft office 2007 w/ word and excel

That's a pretty good deal, and this will be an out of the box ready to PLAY setup. If I order from ibuypower I might get a lower price, but Dell has a nice aesthetic appeal, no hassle, and reliable service. Plus, they have quiet fans and lots of extras. I know this might soudn redundant to you if you have a reason for sticking with ibuypower or cyberpower, but I don't know those reasons yet (aside from what beefcake and others have said). So, being the new tech guy that I am this can be difficult to comprehend without all the necessary info. ??? :)

Intel E6600 $309

ASUS P5B Deluxe motherboard $182.99

Windows XP Media Center 2005 w/ Vista upgrade coupon $109.99

OCZ DDR2 667 2GB RAM $219.99 - $30 mail-in rebate = $189.99

WD 250GB SATA II HDD $69.99

LITE-ON DVD-RW 48x CD 18x DVD $29.99 x2 = $59.98

Dell 2007WFP monitor $399.99

Screw the 7950GX2, get 8800GTS $449.99 - $20 mail in rebate = $429.99 You could possibly get the top of the line 8800GTX if you want.

X-Fi XtremeMusic $92.99 - $20 mail-in rebate = $72.99

Total: $1824.91 after rebates, not included shipping. Then you will have to buy a computer case of your choice! Not limited to Dell cases. I think this is a much better buy than that Dell. And this even includes the monitor, I would go with a seperate monitor if I were you though.

I'm not exactly sure what the best motherboard you should get, but that one is pretty good from what I hear.

Beefcake, wheres the heart, gotta have a good heart for them uber component......

Gotta have a good cooling system also, wheres that?

Dell sucks. I am not just flaming here

What do you think a multi billion dollar company that has to turn out thousands and thousands of computers everyday is going to do for "quality and reliablity"??? Okay customer support, you get to talk to some asian chick that is outsourced and you cant understand asking you questions like"is da powa pluggeda into da back of da computa"?

Parts; hmmmmm lets see here, they look at the wholesale guys and say "can I get 60,000 sticks of that ram that the chips didnt pass proper tests for OCZ?"

Motherboard; ha bios is locked out and it isnt going to oc worth a dam.

the case. I dont see any real airflow there, and do you think you can't just buy quite fans for a quality case.

Anyways do you undersatnd where I am coming from? or not. If not I guess you just can't except that the crooked E is a waste.

ahh, that ****in halarious. dude, go prebuild, way easier, cheaper, and it also claims braggin rights. plus you know whats in it, and you get the preformance you pay for, not what you overpay for thats even bogged down (talkin about dell)

think about it: 2000 for a pc that can totally whoop the living daylight out of the dell, or 3000 dollar pc that is just like any other pc in the market. and you aren't limited by expandibility, plus i seriously doubt that dell has SLI, quality ram, quality hdd, and most likely has like the cheapest heatsink out there. (and dont let quietness fool you, it may be quiet, but quiet comes at a price, the quieter it is, the hotter it is, and vice versa usually (unless you get like 4 120mm 60cfm fans that are like 12dba)

and the homebuild will outpreform the prebulild almost indefinetely, because it isnt bogged down by all that crap that comes with it. and ready out of the box? yea, homebuild is like that too, it just has a big sticker that says SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED (not literaly...lol just being a smart ***, lmao)

Greenplantseed said:
I've been scouring the internet some more about computer deals, and now I've decided to go with a desktop instead of a laptop. The big thing is that I keep getting recommendations to go through smaller companies like ibuypower.com, cyberpower.com, etc. instead of dell.com. Can anyone tell me why I should do this? I would think that there are less compatablity issues with an offstream product like Ibuypower... but then again, maybe I don't know everything either. Does anybody know the answer to this??? :)
Something tells me that a dell will not have any problems and better warranties/customer service...

U might consider building it yourself if thats a possiblity.

I would stay away from cyberpower, and Ibuypower (I think the same company). I read many reviews on them, and to sum it up, its a gamble. They offer high quality parts with a shotty build. The people who bought them complained of errors out of the box, and things not working. I also read a pc gaming magazine that recently did an article about them stating the same thing.

As for dell, Im not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom