600 w power supply
Intel 2.4 dual core processor
ASUS P5n32-sli se deluxe motherboard
2 Geforce 7950 superclocked gts
1 dvd rw drive
1 floppy drive
2 western digital rapter 74 gb harddrives
2 gigs of corsair ram

I start the pc , sometimes it will load and be fine , other times it loads and 3 seconds later the power shuts off. I have checked on a site how much watts of power i should have and it recommended under 500 watts, any ideas why my pc isnt working?

Is it a True power supply? If it's a cheap one, that could be the problem.

You might doublecheck that everything is seated properly and not loose, also.

Not at all...cheap is the $15 PSU like my friend keeps buying. ;)

Like penfold suggested, have you checked that all cables are snug and everything is seated well?

I had a similar problem with my ECS (Elite Control Systems, bad brand) motherboard -- it constantly read the wrong voltages from the PSU, and would randomly shut off because of that. So I ended up disabling any monitoring it had in the bios, until I finally bought a new motherboard...(RIP ECS). But I doubt that applies here...:eek:

Vormund said:
Not at all...cheap is the $15 PSU like my friend keeps buying. ;)

Like penfold suggested, have you checked that all cables are snug and everything is seated well?

I had a similar problem with my ECS (Elite Control Systems, bad brand) motherboard -- it constantly read the wrong voltages from the PSU, and would randomly shut off because of that. So I ended up disabling any monitoring it had in the bios, until I finally bought a new motherboard...(RIP ECS). But I doubt that applies here...:eek:

no it doesnt ha , we havent even messed with bios and os yet because we just finished putting the components together. I will check the cables when my dad gets home.

Thanx

after checking the cables...getting the lastest updated bios(stay away from betas though...if your new to computers) might help too.

good news ! I got it ! It turns out I got shipped a bad case. The power button was sticking lol. Lukily my case had a reset button in the front aswell. I connected my reset button to my motherboard but in the spot of that the power button was suppose to be placed. THank you to everyone who replied!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom