Air cleaning your PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvatore55

Solid State Member
Does air cleaning your PC with a can of that compressed air lower the heat of your computer? It does look pretty dusty in there and my comp is a bit hot after buying a new video card.

If there's dust in your heatsinks, fans, or any other place that will reduce airflow, then yes, it can. If there is only a small amount of dust it might not be noticeable, but it sounds like it might help you.

Dust is bad in every way. It clogs up heat sinks (which rely solely on moving air to function, therefore if air doesn't move between the fins, it doesn't cool anything), it clogs up fans which cause them to burn out and become a mini-furnace (probably could cause a fire if it got hot enough), and it also can short stuff out.

So, get rid of dust whenever you can. If you really don't want dust, put in some fan filters and seal up every other hole in your case.

I usually de-dust my rig about every 1.5 - 3 months (depending how bad it gets).

hey

trust me DUST is really bad and can slow your computer down a lot!!!!... I saw this question on G4 tv back in the days and I didnt know that dust slow your computer down... when I use to play I see that I use to get lag on my games.. which I didnt know why because it runs fine all the times... but then I clean the dust with one of those cans of air... and trust me... I didnt have no lag what so ever!... and my computer get a lot of dust!... but yea that goes for everyone has a computer... Clean it with Air pressure and I garantee you will have a better performance on your PC... just Try it and you will see :)... well take care 1

Well, wow.. i just did it for my computer and the temp went from 46 degrees to 39, don't know if its just from the air that was hitting my computer or the dust that is now no longer there. Either way im happy :) oh and just have to say this.. the graphics on high for BF2 are just crazy compared to what i used to run (with my crappy x300 series card..) the temp is staying at 39 degrees so perhaps it was the cleaning that did it!

chea

yep... glad to hear that it works... you should all do the same and see the different... it works for real it really does... give it a try and you will see a better performance :).... wish you all good luck ;-).... and let us know how it works for you :)...:D

Salvatore55 said:
Well, wow.. i just did it for my computer and the temp went from 46 degrees to 39, don't know if its just from the air that was hitting my computer or the dust that is now no longer there. Either way im happy :) oh and just have to say this.. the graphics on high for BF2 are just crazy compared to what i used to run (with my crappy x300 series card..) the temp is staying at 39 degrees so perhaps it was the cleaning that did it!

...Did you blow it out with the computer still running? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom