new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

noxarcana

In Runtime
My friend just asked me to build a computer for him. It has a small budget, he did not tell me the exact budget but for mid range.

So far what i have come up with is this, and i need help on 2 things

E6400 ----$217
7600GT----$110 after rebate
250 GB WD Caviar ----$70
Lite on DVD/CD burner ----$30
Antec Smart Power 500W ----$70

The part that i need help with is a decent mid priced motherboard and ram. I know i need to get 2 GB ram for this and i am not sure if he is overclocking or not so i need decent ram also.

Also, any suggestions on a cheaper or better bang for your buck hardware for this computer will be helpful.

Thanks

gigabyte DS3 and just some corsair DDR2 667 if hes not overclocking. if he is overclocking then get ddr2 800

You might want a better PSU. Just a suggestion.

And why isn't this in the General PC building section? This isn't 1TB hard drive, 4GB of memory, etc...

First off this isnt some turd for a computer. and that is a very decent power supply for that build.

To poster, I say you should get the e6300 and replace the 7600 with a 7900gs. Newegg has one for $160 after rebate.

For a mid-range mobo, i would go with either:

asus p5b-vinilla
or
gigabyte ds3

both are good overclockers

For decent ram, i would go with:

gskill 2x1gb

The 7600gt is a good mid-range card, but if you can get the e6300 instead, then most diffenently go with a 7900gs instead. If you can, get the WD 250gb sataII 16mb cache if you can shell out $10 more dollars. Other then that, I think you got a pretty good mid-range system for your friend :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom