widnows memory usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

an51r

In Runtime
why is my windows mem usage always at 25% it confuses me because that would equate to 512 mb and this is with no processes other than windows services. is the memory usage of windows dependent upon how much ram u have. i am just curious as to why this s happening. i know i dont have any viruses and have done extensive googles searchs but to no avail.....

the only things i run always are avast anti virus, ultra mon and sysmetrix but even with these turned off i still get 25% usage

were the **** do you see a '%' for mem usage?

hit ( ctrl + alt + del )
go to the performance tab and you can see your physical mem usage.

well stat bar sysmetrix everest ultimate just to name a few and yah i do go to the task manager and its windows system using all the mem ie: svhost.exe 44,448 explorer.exe 18,900 ashwebsv.exe 22,608 but all this together does not account for the memory usage i am seeing

I have 1.25 GB of RAM (512+ 3 256's) and I've got 600MB used up. Keep in mind that I'm using Bittorrent, LimeWire, ITunes, Firefox.

Total of 48 processes running. It's lightning fast though. I'm not worried about 50% of my memory used. Plus I'm getting more memory on boxing day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom