Problem Copying Large Number of Files to Portable Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

smalls0224

Baseband Member
Hello all,

I am preparing to go home for the holidays and I wanted to copy my music collection to my portable hard drive because I just sent my mp3 player to get repaired and it will meet me at home, with no music on it. I only keep my music in two places, a folder on my desktop and in my "my music" folder.

The folder on my desktop has roughly 5500 songs separated into album folders, and it transfered them all fine. I then went to transfer my "my music" folder which has about 7800 files separated into album folders only to get the error "cannot copy file: cannot read source file or disk." I restarted my computer and tried again with no result. I tried doing a single folder and that works but there are over 500 folders and I don't have time to do each one. I can't do more that 5-10 folders at a time and sometimes that doesn't work either and I don't undertand why. Is there something I can look for to know what the problem?

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Yeah, I get that error message a lot. Whenever I see it, I usually just bust out my Knoppix disc and do it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom