Multiple screens using a single graphic card

Status
Not open for further replies.

^vindicator!

Beta member
Hey guys. I was pondering what graphic card can manage to project split screen onto 2, 3 .. monitors. That is to say, have,i.e 2 monitors and your workspace is these 2 monitors. Do you think a old MX400 would pull it off? Or what video card can do it? Thank you
^vindicator!

^vindicator! said:
Hey guys. I was pondering what graphic card can manage to project split screen onto 2, 3 .. monitors. That is to say, have,i.e 2 monitors and your workspace is these 2 monitors. Do you think a old MX400 would pull it off? Or what video card can do it? Thank you
^vindicator!

A lot of graphics cards have multiple connectors anymore. However if your's doesn't you would need some kind of splitter or multiple display adapter. I've seen them, but I haven't ever used one so I can't go into detail on whether or not they are any good.

Of course considering the age of your card you could probably find a new GPU with multiple connectors cheaper than you could get the cable.

If your card has two outputs, then it can run two monitors. Just plug them in and configure your OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom