Dell.com vs. Cyberpower.com/Ibuypower.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your parents do insist a pre-build and you cant convince them then I wouldn't go with dell but ibuypower or cyberpowerpc.

But if you have the determination then you CAN get them to let you build it. Trust me it is extremely difficult but pays of. I had to talk my parents into it for 4 months and then wait 7 months before they let me start putting a list together.

What is it with you guys and building your own computer? I think that you'd have less issues with a prebuilt computer and no compatability issues.

If you dont understand the difference, then I dont see a point in you even buying a computer that expensive.

What compatibility issues do we or will we have? I think your POS dell will have a lot more then ours. Lets say in a year you want to upgrade the ram, aaaaaaahhhhhhhh no too bad they use there own with an extra little clip that none of the other quality companies have.

I've been scouring the internet some more about computer deals, and now I've decided to go with a desktop instead of a laptop. The big thing is that I keep getting recommendations to go through smaller companies like ibuypower.com, cyberpower.com, etc. instead of dell.com. Can anyone tell me why I should do this? I would think that there are less compatablity issues with an offstream product like Ibuypower... but then again, maybe I don't know everything either. Does anybody know the answer to this??? :)
Something tells me that a dell will not have any problems and better warranties/customer service...

Greenplantseed said:
What is it with you guys and building your own computer? I think that you'd have less issues with a prebuilt computer and no compatability issues.

With a little knowledge you don't have to worry about compatibility. I'll tell my personal preference to custom built computers:

#1 Price - It's a lot cheaper to buy parts from the manufacture

#2 You Know What Your Getting - You know what brands and parts you'll use, henceforth better quality. Don't let a company like Dell who makes thousand and thousands of computers, they don't care about quality, they care about making more profit (using low quality parts)

#3 Upgrading is easy as can be - Some companies,like dell, might require you upgrade through them, and sometimes they won't even allow you get certain upgrades (personal experience), and it costs more than DIY

#4 Your HDD isn't overflowing with crappy software already installed - vendors do this, like free music! or 6-month roadrunner! I personally hate this crap on my desktop and computer

Now there are some cons

#1 Windows - You need to find a way to get a copy of Windows, either buying it or not paying for it (wink, wink)

#2 Chance of dead parts - This is fairly easy to fix, but very annoying, just RMA it or return to the store. I only had one case of this but I RMAed it and got a new one in 2 weeks. I know this sounds bad but the chances are you'll be fine.

#3 Requires some basic knowledge - A lot of people think assembling your own computer is brain science, really it's not, fairly simple. Just know how to install things can be done pretty easy. Use an anti-static wrist band, or make sure your grounded on your computer case so static electricity won't damage your parts when handling them. You may have to play around with the BIOS for a little bit, but as long as your not overclocking, it's pretty straight forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom