Audio drivers reboot my pc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citnarf

Beta member
*SOLVED* Audio drivers reboot my pc!

Hey all, i just re-installed windows xp home and it all went smoothly and everything. I started off by doing all my windows updates and then downloading anti-virus and then downloading my video card drivers and direct x.

Then finally i decided to download my audio drivers so i did that and i installed them and it asked me to restart my pc so i did that and then when my pc restarted a little bubble on my task bar came up saying it detected my sound card etc and then it says "searching for drivers" and a window comes up saying please insert the disk but of course i dont have a disk so i clicked ok and it said i could try and find the needed file on my hard drive so i looked in my realtek folder and the file was there so i selected it and clicked ok and my pc just rebooted itself and it still comes up with the bubble on my task bar and asks me for the disc everytime i turn my pc on... so i have no sound at all. my sound card is a Realtek HD Audio.

thnx in advance

Woops i forgot my specs:

P4 3.20 Ghz with HT
1.5gb DDR400 RAM
160gb HDD
ATI Radeon X800GT 256mb PCI-E
Realtek HD Audio

I would download a copy of driver cleaner and clean out the old drivers and then try again. see where that gets you.

Ok thanks for the advice i will post back and let you know how it went!!

EDIT: Hmm seems like id have to buy it... is there like a free version anywhere?

Hey nvm i fixed it! What i did was i uninstalled all my drivers again and then disabled my onboard sound in BIOS and then installed the drivers again, turned my onboard sound back on and viola! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom