My Next PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobodyImportant

Baseband Member
Alright, I've decided to begin building a PC. I can't decide on alot of the components, but these are what I'm considering. Any input would be appreciated.

Case: Antec P-160 Silver Aluminum Performance 1 Series ATX Mid-tower Case with Side Window Panel, Swiveling Front Control Panel.

-That's about the only case I'm considering as of now.

Mobo: As for a mobo, I would like to wait until mobos with the nForce 3 250 chipsets come out. I might go with the MSI K8N Neo or the ASUS K8N-E Deluxe. I'm sure there are other companies comming out with nForce 3 250 chipsets, but I haven't looked at them yet. If not, I'll probally go with a nForce 2 board.

PSU: Antec 550W Power Supply with 2 fans & a 5.25 Control Panel. Model "True Control 550W"

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+. I'm pretty set on this CPU.

HDD: I'll either go with two Seagate or Western Digital HDDs. I'm still deciding if I should use two or just one.

RAM: I'm still deciding on this, but so far I'm thinking of the Corsair XMS, Twin pack 184 pin, 1GB (2x512) DDR-PC3200

Video Card: I'm either going to go with a Radeon 9800 Pro or go with the new X800. I'm still undecided.

Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS. The sound card doesn't really make that much of a difference to me, but I read an article about that card first.

That's about all that I have come up with as of now, any comments/suggestions would be appreciated^^.

NobodyImportant said:
Alright, I've decided to begin building a PC. I can't decide on alot of the components, but these are what I'm considering. Any input would be appreciated.

Case: Antec P-160 Silver Aluminum Performance 1 Series ATX Mid-tower Case with Side Window Panel, Swiveling Front Control Panel.

-That's about the only case I'm considering as of now.

Mobo: As for a mobo, I would like to wait until mobos with the nForce 3 250 chipsets come out. I might go with the MSI K8N Neo or the ASUS K8N-E Deluxe. I'm sure there are other companies comming out with nForce 3 250 chipsets, but I haven't looked at them yet. If not, I'll probally go with a nForce 2 board.

PSU: Antec 550W Power Supply with 2 fans & a 5.25 Control Panel. Model "True Control 550W"

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+. I'm pretty set on this CPU.

HDD: I'll either go with two Seagate or Western Digital HDDs. I'm still deciding if I should use two or just one.

RAM: I'm still deciding on this, but so far I'm thinking of the Corsair XMS, Twin pack 184 pin, 1GB (2x512) DDR-PC3200

Video Card: I'm either going to go with a Radeon 9800 Pro or go with the new X800. I'm still undecided.

Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS. The sound card doesn't really make that much of a difference to me, but I read an article about that card first.

That's about all that I have come up with as of now, any comments/suggestions would be appreciated^^.

Why are you cheaping out the hard drive? I would go with a Maxtor or IBM hdd... They are much more reliable.

I haven't ever used a Maxtor hard drive. But I have used Seagate and Western Digital and both have been stable for me. But I'll look into Maxtor. I looked at a few of them since that was the brand my dad suggested as well.

Hitachi hard drives are very good. I have the newer 160 gb deskstar (after IBM and Hitachi merged). So it's not the crappy old deskstar :)

note: get all SATA drives .. they are sexy :p

modemide said:
Hitachi hard drives are very good. I have the newer 160 gb deskstar (after IBM and Hitachi merged). So it's not the crappy old deskstar :)

note: get all SATA drives .. they are sexy :p

So you think since two company's merged it means they completely changed their hardware just like that? I could see them making new models that are better, but changing the old? BTW- Have only heard good things about their deskstars...

Hard Drive

Get a Western Digital, cheap and reliable.

I've got 60gb and 40gb Western Digital drives, and they've served me reliably.

Get a Raptor, those things are sweet. Two maybe, and you can raid them for raw power...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom