Upgrading motherboard and cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuleMarine

Beta member
Greeting all, quick question, I'm upgrading my MB to an Asus A8N SLI Premium NVIDIA Socket 939 ATX Motherboard with a 2.0 GHz Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual-Core Processor, my question is when upgrading my MB, is the process generally plug and play (assuming everything else is compatible)? What I'm hoping is that I won't crash my system and loose the info on my Hard drives.

if your getting a new mobo then your gonna have to do windows again but generally its plug and play just make sure the mobo will take the processor (socket 939)

Socket appears to be the same, just didn't want to have to redo my OS. OH well, gimmie a chance to clean up the ole HD I guess. Thanks.

It is fairly simple as long as all the parts are compatible you simply connect then and boot up your pc. Then it should work. If you are getting a new Mobo i would reccomend that u get one that supports AM2 socket, then i would advise you either get the single or duel core Athlon 3500 or 3800 orleans.

Yep 939 is being phased out as we speak. you can still go with an x2 but just use the am2 socket version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom