Question on resizing partitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

aricav05

Baseband Member
Heres the deal, I bought a Toshiba laptop a few months back that has a 80GB HDD installed, but is split into 70GB and 10GB partitions.

now i want to know why they partitoned the hard drive that way, would it not be better just to have one 80GB partition? i see no use for a partition that is only 10GB.
Therefore, i installed partition magic 8 yesterday on the computer and was wondering if i can resize both of the partitions so that the 70GB partition containing the OS can be reduced while increasing the 10GB partition without having to delete any files on my comp.

ive never used partition magic before so i really dont have much of an idea of what it can do. any input would be appreciated :)

The 10GB partition is probably for backing up your files, should you need to reformat C:.

yea, just right click the partition you want, and click resize.

alternatively, you can just merge the two together to make one 80GB partition.

alright, thanks a lot guys. resizing wont affect the data in any sort of way unless theres an error right? i wanna be really sure =D

I managed to resize the partitions, but now, for some reason, out of the 20.4GB on drive C, it shows i have 3.79GB of free space left, but when i enter drive C, highlight all folders to see its properties, it shows that the folders only contain 13.3GB out of the 20.4GB available.

does anyone know where the extra 3 GB or so went>?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom