The future of notebook gaming and the DirectX 10 predicament::: News!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenplantseed

Baseband Member
Hello,
Have you guys heard of any news about a DirectX 10 supporting notebook GPU in the works from NVIDIA??? The reason I ask is because I'm buying a new Dell XPS M1710 and I want to be as up to date as possible. When do you think something like this will be available? I've tried scouring the internet and found only 1 article, claiming that the Pres/CEO of NVIDIA plans on creating a GPU like this, but this article doesn't say when. The anticipation is too much, I can't sleep nights and I think I'm getting an ulcer. When will this card come out????? This is like the X-files: and the truth is out there.

Well, considering the 8800 series just came out like a month ago, and it takes up two spaces and consumes more energy and puts out more heat than most laptops as a whole do... not anytime soon.
Most likely they wont have anything DX10 until they start shipping a midrange card (i.e. 8600 series), or they will have to severely underclock and limit the powers of the 8800 to get it within laptop heat and power requirements.

What he said. ^

Greenplantseed said:
Hello,
Have you guys heard of any news about a DirectX 10 supporting notebook GPU in the works from NVIDIA??? The reason I ask is because I'm buying a new Dell XPS M1710 and I want to be as up to date as possible. When do you think something like this will be available? I've tried scouring the internet and found only 1 article, claiming that the Pres/CEO of NVIDIA plans on creating a GPU like this, but this article doesn't say when. The anticipation is too much, I can't sleep nights and I think I'm getting an ulcer. When will this card come out????? This is like the X-files: and the truth is out there.

And you need to chill. Its only a videocard, not worth literally losing sleep over. DX10 games won't even be about for another 3 months, atleast. By then, there should be mid-range DX10 GPUs as well as a notebook variant.

If you want one that bad, you COULD just buy a desktop. :confused:

I agree with previous poster. Notebooks are not for gaming. But if you need DX10 support in your laptop, you could to buy something based on new intel integrated video. It has programmable pixel pipes and theoreticly supports DX10 lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom