I'm stumped.. hope it's not my card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khann

In Runtime
Well, in the last month or two I've been getting random lockups and framerate issues in game. To elaborate: I'll be playing a game just fine with a very nice framerate, and all of a sudden it will either completely lock up for 5-60 seconds, have a framerate of 1-10 for 5-60 seconds, or both, one after the other. I've tried uninstalling a whole heap of crap, running virus scans, running virus scans etc, nothing helped. I decided to check out how badly fragmented my HDD was, and noticed it was VERY bad (See here). I thought "Yes, this is my problem!", and promptly defragged. (See here) As you can see, the defrag was rather successful, and according to O&O, 10-20% fragmented is fine. I was stoked, so I went back into a game and still had the same issue! :(

What could be my problem? (Specs are in sig)

Update Game Patch, Direct X, graphic Card Driver And Windows.
How many running Processes?
Did/have you made any software or hardware addittions/changes before occurences began?
Download Everest or Speedfan and List all Tempartures it Gives.

Everything is updated. Processes are clean. Software installations - games. Hardware - no.

Speedfan temps:
System: 48C
CPU : 47C
AUX : 45C
HDD: 49C
Core: 50C

and according to the nVidia monitor my GPU is at 71C... idle.

Those Temps are Way to High, especially @ Idle.
My CPU is 46C Load With an Overclock, my GPU is 59C Load. Case and point, your temps should not be that High.

What is your Cooling setup?

Clearly its overheating. Decrease room temparture and or add more Fans/replace Stock Cooling.

Stock cooling all around, but it's like 35C outside and 40-43C in my room.. I don't have the money to upgrade cooling :\

Yeah done all that :( Ah well, looks like I'll just have to save up before I can play any games, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom