How to uninstall wins 2000 on a partition drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetster

Baseband Member
Hi,

I have 2 operating systems (XP and wins 2k) on my comp and the hard disk has been partition into half. Everytime when It boots up, it will ask which operating sys to boot in and i find this is rather a pain. So now i want to get rid of 2k completely and merge all drives into one.

I need your expertise.

thanks in advance

boot up xp go to ur administrative tools>computer management>disk management>and then right click on the partition(the blue bar that represents it) and reformat it.........

but he wants to merge both partitions into one big one. I don't think that windows can do that. You need to find a 3rd party program. I think there are a few out there

yah but there really is no reason to do that you can still use the other partition for whatever u want.....but yah i noticed that after i posted only half reading his question lol.

an51r said:
boot up xp go to ur administrative tools>computer management>disk management>and then right click on the partition(the blue bar that represents it) and reformat it.........

I have done all that but I want to merge all partitions into one drive and I don't want to be asked which operating sys when boot up.

I thought I could get away with other options.......ah well I guess I just have to reformat the drive......

Thanks for your advice folks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom