New Build issues..need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same evga board, and I know what u mean with the heatsink. You should install the heatsink before u install the motherboard, as its a little easier. I just put mine together today and games run fine with the 8800gtx. I had to kinda jam the pins of the connectors into the motherboard, I just prayed I didn't break anything. Before you install it make sure the posts are twisted in the right direction and then press down equally, holding all sides stable untill they click, then twist to secure it.

Might be a PSU problem, like maybe it isn't supplying enough power to your graphics card and when you load up a game, it shuts off because it can't provide the power. It's more likely that it's the CPU though, make sure you have the heatsink seated properly, and no matter how hard it is because of intel's ******* design, do it right. If the CPU reaches an unstable temperature, it will shut off like that.

It's gotta be the heatsink not being seated properly or something along those lines. I had pretty much the same problem with an old emachines, it would shut down during more intense things because it would get too hot. Figure out a way to cool that sucker down, Try an after market heat sink and fan. Hope I helped.

lancec2c30 said:
Okay if you ran 3dmark and nothing happens than it is the game. Try playing oblivion or something and see if it does it still.

i agree with lance.
seems more software related.
you guys, i'm relatively sure that 3dmark06 generates as much heat as total war...so it should shut down when he runs it, too.
i dont think it's a heating problem...but you should be able to monitor your temps while playing and see.
i don't know about your cpu, but mine won't shut down till it gets to about 90ish celcius. if it was getting that hot you would be having problems at other times, i reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom