The age old question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chog

In Runtime
I plan on upgrading my mobo, processor, and ram for christmas this year and I was wondering the age old question,

Intel P4 or AMD Athlon 64?

I would like to use this for gaming and other most common personal use and i have a graphics card and hard drive.

Post your opinion here.

chog said:
I plan on upgrading my mobo, processor, and ram for christmas this year and I was wondering the age old question,

Intel P4 or AMD Athlon 64?

I would like to use this for gaming and other most common personal use and i have a graphics card and hard drive.

Post your opinion here.

Personally I would either go with a p4 or better yet a dual p3 system. I really doubt many software programmers are going to jump up and start writting 64bit programs.. But if that is what your going for then far be it from me than to try and stop you..

Sure, I like the dual processor systems but if you can't go that route go with the AMD Athlon 64, cheaper and well worth the money. True they don't have alot of 64bit software out there but all other software will run fine with it. The true potential of the processor is realized with 64bit software but hey might as well be ready for it.

CrucialLabs said:
Sure, I like the dual processor systems but if you can't go that route go with the AMD Athlon 64, cheaper and well worth the money. True they don't have alot of 64bit software out there but all other software will run fine with it. The true potential of the processor is realized with 64bit software but hey might as well be ready for it.

If you think about it.. It took about 10 years to weed out all the 16bit programs and convert to 32bit. It will probably take about the same amount of time for them to convert over to the new system. So by the time there are plenty of 64bit programs, those current AMD 64bit chips will be out of date. Thats if things go the way they did in the past. History does repeat itself...

I think I am gonna go AMD because its cheaper and that will give me more money for the rest of the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom