Building a new gaming computer :) please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shikoh said:
Thanks for the help :), It seems that socket 775 sli motherboards are fairly expensive :|

Because they just came out. The core 2 duos are the most powerful cps on the market, trust me you wont be disapointed. a core 2 duo setup with a 7900gt will most likely kill an athlon64 setup with a 8800gts. And youll be able to get that same card for way less in just a few months.

Shikoh said:
Would it be better if i was to purchase this processor, would this processor be good enough to keep the 8800gts?

Its not worth it, youre gonna regret getting that card right now, in a few months itll cost less, youll be able to ge the 8900 for the same price.

This is faster than the fastest amd chip
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115005

Theres only like 3 dx10 games out, its not even neccesary right now. Just get that chip i put and a 7900gt. Even the gs will be fine, because ull be upgrading soon anyways.

The thing is, I need it before christmas (Its not for me :) ) and I dont really want to buy a computer that I would have to upgrade in the next few months.. Wouldnt it make more sense to buy the 8800gs now?

Shikoh said:
The thing is, I need it before christmas (Its not for me :) ) and I dont really want to buy a computer that I would have to upgrade in the next few months.. Wouldnt it make more sense to buy the 8800gs now?

Everybodys telling you not to buy it now. Its really a waste of money, because the price is gonna drop, and you always have to upgrade computers to stay on top, because new hardware is always coming out.

Its true that the price may go down.. but if its within my budget now why would I purchase a card that is going to become obsolete in the next few months and than purchase the 8800 I was originally going to purchase for like 50 dollars less? I would be losing 150$.

Shikoh said:
Its true that the price may go down.. but if its within my budget now why would I purchase a card that is going to become obsolete in the next few months and than purchase the 8800 I was originally going to purchase for like 50 dollars less? I would be losing 150$.

The cards not gonna become obsolete. And you can sell it and the 8800 wont be $50 less itll be way less than that...upwards of $100. The x2 would be considered obsolete next to the core duos, and the cpu is more important than the graphics card, as it determines the overall performance of the entire system, not just graphics. If you really want the 8800, get a core 2 duo with it, you wont regret it.

Shikoh said:
The problem is a socket 775 sli motherboard is atleast 100$ more than my current motherboard selection, and the C2D itself would be another 100-120$ added to the price. If I was to get the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103747 would it preform well for games such as World of Warcraft/CSS:S?

The entry level core 2 duo is the same price, and performs better. Just the motherboard would be more. It would perform well, but still not as good as the core 2 duo. And an sli mobo? You seriously plan on running two 8880s in sli? Thats overkill man, even one right now is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom