overclocking GPU via Nvidia control panel....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
I clicked on "find optimal" which bumped 3D clock and memory clock up nicely but i just wanted to put it slightly higher and to a nice round figure, but when i do it says please use test to check etc, so thats what i do and it comes up with a box saying this test will take several seconds blah blah blah and i click on "ok" and it just reverts back to the optimal settings? why is it? is it because its on the highest safest settings and any higher could damage my gpu?

so your saying the problem isnt that its at its highest safest settings, but the nvidia ocing(coolbits) doesnt work well? :confused:

And is rivatuner a seperate programme or is it like coolbits that adds features to nvidia control panel?

if it wont pass the test, then it isnt going to be a stable overclock without voltmods. just leave it at the higest it will go before failing the test (if temps will allow that) without artifacts.

But as far as i can see it doesnt even do a test, i set it to what id like then click "test", then a box pops up telling me that the test will take several seconds and if the system crashes turn the pc off, so i click "ok" and then box dissapears and the settings revert back to the optimal settings? doesnt say "testing please wait" or anything

yea i know. it used to do that on the good old drivers, but the new ones dont do anything. i noticed that.

you will notice if you test on a freq you know works, it will do it fine.

just a poor aspect of the new drivers i expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom