Folding @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still chuggin with only 2 PC's running... I am going to 'sneak' and instance of console folding onto my girl's Cor 2 Duo laptop (it's mine, but she uses it) and that will bring me to 3, and if I EVER get XP working again on my gaming rig, that will be 4.....

and if I could change the WU's from an old team (Sudhian Media) I would be at 46,000 points / 176 WU's.

Well guys, all I have to say is that I am gunning for #1 spot on the team..... As of yesterday, I now have 3 machines folding... (2 CPU clients, 1 GPU client). I started my Shuttle SN25P with the HIS X1950XT (details in Sig) with the GPU client this morning... When I get home from work, I am going to see if the GPU and CPU clients will run side by side without fighting...

Also, since I just put new Arctic Silver 5 on my CPU on Wednesday, I am still in the 'break-in' stages, so I will be turning that PC off before bed every night, and turn it on before work in the mornings unitl around the middle of January, maybe beginning of February, depending on how the temps are.... I don't want this rig to fall apart on me again due to heat issues... (previously, it would run stable only at 1.8 GHz, and even then, all the fans would be at 100%)..

EDIT: Folding was a no-go on the laptop... she doesn't want it on there, and would pitch a fit if she 'discovered' it.... It doesn't really matter though, cause it goes into hibernation when it is closed, and it is closed 99% of the time... might finsih 1 WU a month if that..../EDIT

Cool :D

Trying to get me a little folding farm together too,Just waiting on some ram (1gig) Then i'll be getting my old sempron up running again which will be 24/7,I have another little p3-733 that i usually run but for some reason it's having problem's and restarting it's self here and there :confused:

Come on all you other guy's,We know you have old part's and that sitting around so now's a good time to put something together and do some extra folding,I'm tired of seeing TF hover around the #650 mark so come on!!! :p

If I had the room and could afford the electric bill increase, I have about 5 PC's sitting in a closet in my parents house, but they probably wouldn't do too much... One of them is a dual CPU P2 @ 400 MHz, an AMD K7 @ 600 MHz, a 486, an Intel P1 133 MHz, and some others... Maybe when I get a house I will be able to... I can have a 'folding@closet' and just keep it under lock & key... lol.

Yeah if i had the money i'd have a nice little setup too :) Been looking into a couple cheap celeron setup's to go with my other's but that just changed,My ol'lady just went and got a 52" tv on rent to own so now all our money is shot :p

you guys could always talk to good friends about it and ask them if they would be kind enough to donate their spare CPU time to the team...

joshd said:
you guys could always talk to good friends about it and ask them if they would be kind enough to donate their spare CPU time to the team...

I'm pretty much the only one out of my friend's with a comp half decent enough to run it :D They are all still sitting on little p2's,Been trying to get my kid's high school to start a team but haven't heard anything about it lately :confused:

yea... people who aren't into computers often don't want to know.

me and a friend went through a "mini-campaign" trying to get our college to put some computers on World Community Grid... did they want to know? not at all. :(

(even though they already run SETI@Home on some of the PCs PAH! they would rather look for aliens than help cure caner and AIDS... well, to each his own I suppose)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom