BSOD windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Microbell's right. Probably 80% of the time it's a Driver or Software issue. My Problem was Unique, I did all the driver & software fixes & none worked. Problem lasted 8 months, getting worse every day. It was a NIGHTMARE!!!!

Ya i would have to agree..incorrect drivers are most common. i've had my own nightmare as of late. just put togeather my new server box a few days ago and i was getting reboots every few hours sometimes even a bluescreen. the long beeps at bootup made my think it was faulty ram.. then i finally noticed the big question mark sitting next to my raid controller in the device mang. appearently windows installed it for me, with the wrong freaking driver. fixed now, and have been up for 10 hrs and 11mins w/out a reboot!!! :D :amazed:

so why does one get a BSOD?

drivers writing to sections where they are not supposed to be writing or something else?

MicroBell said:
Once in awhile...but not often. Useally happens on a driver install or program install.

Heh, I have never gotten a BSOD with my win2k machine... I'm trying really hard to figure why even the most experience users in this group bother with XP.... To me windows XP is a risk im not willing to take. My grandparents have it, and the system actually corrupted itself so bad I had to format and reinstall, that happend more than once...

Just a few times ... Most of the times it was driver related ..

Once ot twice ..due do addtion of new hardware .. Like it happened when i changed the display cards n' sounds cards at the same time .. Later i learnt that it doesn't happen if i change them 1 by 1.

preet2u said:
Just a few times ... Most of the times it was driver related ..

Once ot twice ..due do addtion of new hardware .. Like it happened when i changed the display cards n' sounds cards at the same time .. Later i learnt that it doesn't happen if i change them 1 by 1.

Yeah one thing about all NT based operating systems, the resource management sucks. IRQ issues and resource conflicts weren't that bad on a windows 98se machine. Microsoft has even come forward with that information. Seeming how windows NT operating systems do SMP and other fancy things there was little development done to the resource management. Microsoft said it would be hard to implement.... Which just means "we'll charge you for the future upgrade".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom