Programs not Shutting Down Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingadilly

Baseband Member
Howdy all.

I'm looking to see if anyone has encountered this problem before if anyone (ideally) knows a solution for it.

I'm working on my gf's PC which she's telling me has been getting slower and more and more unresponsive over the last week.

After about an hour of playing around i can testify that it has indeed become very very slow. Often taking in excess of 12 seconds to load up Firefox.

Whilst attempting to diagnose the problem I've noticed that programs I launch appear under task manager/ application and Processes.

However when closing the program. It removes itself from the applications tab but the .exe is still running under processes.

This in turn renders the program unusable without going into task manager and manually terminating.

I've checked for malware with spybot, checked fragmentation of the drives, run trojan remover free trial thru the system and cleaned out some junk from the temp folder and removed some non required progs.
I'm now thinking along the lines of an undetected trojan, hardware conflict (none shows up through control panel tho) or maybe a driver fault somewhere.

Keen to hear any thoughts or similar probs on this one.

Regards

Thanky in advances

One of my friends had the same issue, he did in fact have .exe that was installed by a viruses (that was not caught by norton) running in the processes. this was not allowing him to shut down or restart his computer.

What I did was googled all the processes to see what was needed and what was junk. if you find processes that are not necessary you can remove it from starting up by using msconfig and/or searching for the .exe and delete it from the registry.

This fix my friends computer and i hope that it helps.

mucho gracias :)
Don't suppose you happen to recall the name of the exe in question on that system eh?

I would normally just drop the whole system and do a full reinstall given the wide scope of problems the system is currently experiencing.
But with it not being my system and the amount of stuff on there that isn't mine that just isn't an option >-(

I'm still thinking RAM problem or trojan to cause this kind of disruption.

Just to futher this one,

Can anyone recommend a good free trial trojan specific scanner. Already ran Trojan Remover v 6.5.4.

Would actually kinda like to find a Trojan at this point just to make solving it easier :p

Go to Warez' Removal in my signature, and run ALL the programs, not just some... Then, boot into safe mode, and do all of them again... See if that might help, it's help me in several different areas.

sorry i do not recall the .exe's (it was a last year) there was 2 if i remember correctly. you may just have to check all the processes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom