not sure what is wrong exactly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xenodro

Solid State Member
ok i'v had this problem for awhile now, my computer will freeze up during gameplay after playing for awhile. i have replaced video cards, i have run diagnostics on ram, i have fiddled with the refresh rate, it's been awhile since i tried fixing it so i dont quit remember weverthing i have tried, but i have looked all over anyone who has had the same problem has fixed it doing things i have already tried. if anyone can help me or even give me a your own guess at whats wrong i can probably work with it.

amd processor
512mb ati video card (replaced a 128mb did'nt fix problem)
1gig of ram
200gig HD (i have recently wiped computer HD so it cant be internal unless i am missing somehting i didnt have befor either)

one more thing; my computer only started doing this after about a year of gaming and it only hapens when i play video card intensive programs (games) thanks ahead of time and sorry this was so long.

Maybe it's overheating. Check your temps during a game and see how hot everything is getting.

Thans what I think also. Gat a can of air and blow out the Heatsync. and all the fans in your system.

no i'v ruled that out. my temp is at about 35c resting and does not go over 45 when i game, but that is the only time it happens. the comp does'nt shut off either, it just freezes. if the computer was overheating would it not shut off to prevent damage to processor or motherboard?

i took apart my computer and wiped it out also, theres not any dust in heatsink.

How is your processor doing? And maybe you should update your drivers.

It sounds like an issue either with your drivers, or your processor.

my drivers are updated but im not sure about my processor. how can i tell if its crapping out?

only things i can think of is:

-check video card temps during game play

- take one stick of RAM out, then play a game, if it still happens do it with the other.......if the same thing happens put them both back in and be happy thats not your problem

-Also whats your PSU wattage rating

i have a 450 watt box and i checked my temps every once in awhile while gaming and after the freezes.
never went over 45c (avg 39c-42c)
as for my ram... hmm i only have a single stick of 1gig. but i have some others laying around. i'll try playing for a bit with a different stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom