Comp wont even start up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tolkien

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I've encountered another problem w/ my computer. Now, when I press the power button, nothing happens, a few minutes before; it would boot but nothing would appear on the screen (I would hear the BEEP boot sound) and then if i moved my mouse, strange things appear and get off of the screen; so I opened the case to check if anything was wrong, but now when i press the power button the CPU fan goes on for 3 seconds then turns off and nothing happens, no boot or anything... could it perhaps be the power supply?

My computer:
Intel P4 HT 3.2 GHZ Prescott
ASROCK P4V88 MB
ATI Radeon 9800
1.5G corsair DDR1 ram

Please help!!!

It might be a PSU problem.Note that those "BEEP" sounds you heard before,have a meaning.You can find find the explanation in your motherboard manual.In any case try to find a spare PSU and test if your pc works with that.

K..If you opened up the case and saw the cpu fan was'nt prpoerly working wile the computer being on.Then probley half to try to remove all wires from the motherbOARD{SAFELY} Then you got to take the watch battery thats in the motherboard {but first discharge your self}
before you touch anything.Know when you've discharged your self then safely take out the watch battery that is sliver in the mobo.Then keep it out for about 1-5 minutes then put it back in to see if it working.

If not working look if any wires are loose in the case and if the'ir are loose wires in the case plug them in.But if still not working try to find an extra powersupply or buy one to see if that works.

Get back to me on that one.
If not sure what your doing then,Get a friend or anyone else to help you.

Let me know the news.:D {Good Luck Dude Safely}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom