Mobo - Msi K8N neo 2 platinum
Hard drive - Seagate barracuda 80gb sata
Video - Evga 6600 gt
PSu - Antec True 430W
Processor - Amd 3000+ Winny
Ram - Corsair V.S. 2x 512 (1gb)
Sony CD drive
Floppy

Its started with my computer freezing up after stating after the post screen before windows comes up. I sometime had to restart my computer 3 times befor it would go to my windows sign in page.
Now it has started to get worse and when im doing something on my computer it will freeze up. It doesnt restart, the screen doesnt go black or anything, It just freezes up completely. Cant move my mouse, keyboard dont work at all. I am just staring at all the screens that were up, just cant do anything and then I ahve to restart my computer. Sometime my computer will stay on for 5 hours without freezing up and sometime its on for 15 minutes and then it freezes.
And then when I restart it, sometimes I have to hit the reset button a couple times just to get back to my desktop and not get stuck on DOS screen.

Sorry about my spelling, had to type fast incase pc froze up and I had to restart and rewrite this all over.

I have noticed that my computer will lag even when I am on the desktop with no programs open sometimes. I was playing Madden 2005 (not connected to the internet) and like every 10 minutes I would hit a lag spike and everything would start flickering and freezing up off and on very quickly and last for about 20 seconds and then stop. And it seems that the more stuff I have going on the worse it is. For example....When I play madden 2005 (without internet connected) I will get those lag spikes but computer will stay running, but.....when I have the internet connected and Im web surfing, its not long till I completetly freeze up especially if I have a few internet explorer's open.

Also, when my computer freezes up, everything is still powered up. Fans are running, hard drive spinning, cd drive opens and closes.....

you know theres and EDIT button dont you? you dont have to make individual posts you can just add the comment you forgot into your first one.

anyway try backing up everything and reinstalling windows (if its an option)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom