firefox using too much memory??

Status
Not open for further replies.

j12

Daemon Poster
i have 4 tabs open and firefox is using 88,384k's of memory. i'm using firefox 2.0. i already did all of the memory "hacks, or tweaks". and it lowered it a little but not by a lot. is there any way that i can lower it more?? and do other web browsers use less...like opera or netsape. i will not consider using IE7. the only time i use internet explorer is to download another browser...pwnage to msft.

do you have any add on's that you have installed? some of them can take up a lot of ram I'm sure.

i got adblock fasterfox fireftp forecastfox and google web accelerator

those all sound like low ram apps. Does the ram start out high when you open firefox? or does it gradually get higher as you keep the program open kind of like a memory leak?

one of firefoxe's cons is its slow startup and high resource uses. try a program called firetune, its free and helps firefox start, run and conserve resources better based on your system.

j369852147412 said:
i have 4 tabs open and firefox is using 88,384k's of memory. i'm using firefox 2.0. i already did all of the memory "hacks, or tweaks". and it lowered it a little but not by a lot.

u did the " memory "hacks, or tweaks and lowered?? how do u check?!? LOL i wanna fix that too

yea it it gradually uses more memory. like a memory leak.

FF remembers where you went and what you did in great detail. That's where the memory is going.

Plus, FF2 has the ability to restore your tabs EXACTLY like they were if it should happen to crash. Again, that takes RAM.

I've got two tabs open and am at 67808. I've been known to have 30+ tabs open, but I don't check my RAM often.

Basically, if you're worried about it, try a different browser. Me, I'll live with the RAM usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom