I want a beast to last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im pretty sure the Dell XPS system can be custom made for you which is a gaming series of Dell. Ya you would save alot of money if you built it yourself its pretty easy.

really??? wow, i'll look into it. I know I can build it myself at home, it cant be too hard really.
dude, i'm telling you, try and change one too many things on the XPS and they wont let you.

How much money will you think i'll be saving really? Guestimate.

Kohkane said:
Okay, thats fine, i can learn how to build it myself, i'm not scared. how much will I be saving really?.. and no, dell sells you bundles, i've tried to negociate with them and they **** me off.

that's right you can make no choice with dell about anything except cpu and sizes of hdd, ram, etc. you get a few choices with vid cards, monitors, and keyboards and that shiot.
oh, and shipping. you can have it shipped a couple different ways.

that's exactly why i ended up building my own.

Cdub89 said:
Im pretty sure the Dell XPS system can be custom made for you which is a gaming series of Dell.

not really. they won't even tell you what kind of ram is in it.
ask them if you can upgrade the ram with aftermarket (ocz, corsair, etc), and they say, "sure...but we don't support it." which means, "you have no warranty".
dell sucks unless you have no inclination to build. and want to spend roughly 1/3 or so more than you can build a computer for yourself.

nagasama said:
not really. they won't even tell you what kind of ram is in it.
ask them if you can upgrade the ram with aftermarket (ocz, corsair, etc), and they say, "sure...but we don't support it." which means, "you have no warranty".
dell sucks unless you have no inclination to build. and want to spend roughly 1/3 or so more than you can build a computer for yourself.
Ok i didnt really know hence my "pretty sure":) . O by the way those logitech speakers fade2black are alrite but he is spending $3000 so why not these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836119101

Kohkane said:
Its the Quad core 6700 thats posted there. And my Ram is DDr2 but its 2 sticks. How much more is an 8800? is the difference really that great? I was thinking of maybe upgrading later to a 1gB video card.. wait it out and do the best i can with this one. I dont want to end up short handed either though, do you think i'll get short handed with the 7950?

I wouldn't get a quad core right now for a gaming computer. You won't see a difference really. And the 8800 is expensive but is way better than a 7950 in raw power and its dx10 which you will need to get all the pretty little graphics in upcoming games.

You could use the 7950gt for now if you want to wait for ati's cards. Its not a bad card at all, its just a 8800 can be in your budget and is the best as of now and probably will be near the best for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom