I want a beast to last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kohkane

Baseband Member
Whats up people, I'm learning. And through my experience with computers I've learned that the best type of CPU is one that you build yourself. Dont trust the Mofos at dell for anything.

I'm building my PC from cyberpowerpc.com (God bless the place, seriously). My total budget is around 3000. I'm buying the speakers and the monitor from dell. 560 DOLLARS. (its the only things i'll trust)

Here are my specs, I want your opionions, KEEP IN MIND THIS, I have another 1 GIG of Ram at hand from my old CPU. So all together i'll have 2 GIGS.

MY questions are these, Should I get the Quad Core QX6700 or the Duo core X6800 factory overclocked to 3.45Ghz? WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?? what i'll last over the years? the quad right?

I'm looking for something to last, i want to be able to play games like Call of duty and be like "**** these graphics are wicked" I want something fast, I dont want to be waiting for this and that to load up. Am I on the right track? what would you add or take out??

Do you know anything about the Case? is it nice? is it worth it or should I change it??? Whats with the heat sink cooler thing? is it worth it??? do i have to put water into it? whats up with it, I dont know anything.

Here it is. (finally, i know)

CASE: CyberPower X-Titan Tower 420Watt Case with 8 Open Bays & Side Window (SILVER COLOR)
CPU: (Quad-Core)Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme QX6700 @ 2.66GHz 1066FSB 8MB L2 Cache EM64T
MOTHERBOARD: (Quad-Core Supports) Asus P5N32-E nForce 680i SLI Chipset LGA775 FSB1066 DDR2 Mainboard
MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)1GB (2x512MB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Value Select or Major Brand)
VIDEO CARD: NEW!!! NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT 512MB 16X PCI Express Video Card
VIDEO CARD 2: NONE
LCD Monitor: NONE
HARD DRIVE: Extreme Performance (RAID-0) with 2 Identical Hard Drives (500GB (250GBx2) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
Data Hard Drive: NONE
Optical Drive: (Special Price) 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (SILVER COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: 16X DVD ROM (SILVER COLOR)
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

I got the 500 watt power, the Saitek Evolution 2, the Logitec MX revolution, a Logitec Quick Cam STX, A cold Cathode, and a Cool Master Liquid CPU cooling Fan (WTF is it? do i need to feed it?, is it loud?) ..

the price for all this, without monitor or speakers is 2580.

Whats up.
SHould I buy now or wait till next year?????

Dudes, you dont know what your opinions mean to me, just dont start fighting over them okay? just tell me what you think and dont pay tooo much attention if someone disagrees with you. I dont want a brawl over a video card or whatever.2580

I got the 500 watt power, the Saitek Evolution 2, the Logitec MX revolution, a Logitec Quick Cam STX, A cold Cathode, .. the price for all this, without monitor or speakers is 2580.

Whats up.

In what way is a computer from cyberpower a computer you built yourself? You built it yourself because you clicked on the dropdown menus and picked a part?

either one of those cpu's kick major tail, man.
quad core is not perfected, i wouldn't (personally) be the guinea pig. then again, i don't have 3k to spend on my computer.
as far as "last the years"...easily that build would. now, if we were talking, "be the best for years", different story. haha.
i would vote don't buy value select memory. buy something in the same performance bracket as the cpu, which in corsair terms would probably be dominator. other brands, i dunno.
as i am sure you will hear numerous times in this post, ditch the psu included w your case (unless it has really good specs...exceptions to every rule) and buy a heavier one. not neccessarily a 3 million watt psu, but a good 500-600 watt would be sufficient.
good luck!

First is that extra 1gb ram stick you have from your last computer ddr2 ram? it won't work if its not. If it is, is it 1 stick or 2? If its 1 stick get 1 stick of ram from cyberpower.

Myself if I had that kind of budget I would get a E6600 and a geforce 8800 and 2gb of ram. I've heard the E6800 isn't worth the extra cash.

Yeah, the "YOU" part. The part where I can actually choose between different kinds of Video cards, different cases and power supplies, the part where I can choose a different processor without having a 3999 dollar bundle behind it. A place where I can build my own computer with out worrying about paying for the brand as much. There always has to be some dude starting a fight around here. Why dont you concentrate on the stats and the other stuff, or are you going to critique my writing skills too jumping jelly bean or whatever?

thanks for opinon Nagasama

Its the Quad core 6700 thats posted there. And my Ram is DDr2 but its 2 sticks. How much more is an 8800? is the difference really that great? I was thinking of maybe upgrading later to a 1gB video card.. wait it out and do the best i can with this one. I dont want to end up short handed either though, do you think i'll get short handed with the 7950?

well i dont consider buying a computer from a site, "you" building it.
i mean you cna call dell and you can pick out all the parts you want, the same as your doing there.

save money and learn how to BUILD it yourself, it really isnt hard at all and you will be able to save ALOT of money

Okay, thats fine, i can learn how to build it myself, i'm not scared. how much will I be saving really?.. and no, dell sells you bundles, i've tried to negociate with them and they **** me off.

You suggest I buy each part seperately and then arrange them all together at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom