overclocking ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancec2c30

Future ex-member
Now I have not overclocked my ram before, I have little bit of an idea on how to do it.

Do you just up the voltage and run memtest for a couple hours and make sure there are no errors? Or is there a lot more to it. I put my ram from 2.6V to 2.65V and got an error at 8% through memtest. But I went back down and it ran just fine.

To overclock your ram you have to overclock you CPU aswell. Just upping the ram speed is totally pointless as it does nothing.

o I know, I have been. Now I have another question, I have my 3500 venice at 2695mhz, It is prime stable for like 7hrs and I just stopped the test. But when I run memtest it fails at 75% through the first pass, what can I do to make the ram stable again?

I have tried upping the core voltage and lowering down 5mhz, Either way it still won continue through.

Upping the core voltage isn't going to help your RAM any. Find out what the maximum recommended voltages is for your RAM and then put it at that. It should be around 2.8V, but look it up first as RAM is very sensitive.

You may need to setup a FSB:RAM divider as well, or maybe even lower memory timings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom