CPU Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdLeft152

Daemon Poster
Im looking into a aftermarket cpu cooler, and there are so many choices, does anyone know of a relativily small good cpu cooler? my abit board has a heatsink placed directly next to the socket, the stock cooler barely fits.

Also approximately what is the size of the stock cooler that conroes come with?

Could you get a Pic of your motherboard and furthermore exactly how much room there is?

There are many good heatsinks but most aren't small. If Space is true concern then find something Pure copper such as this
one

(Nickle Coated, Copper Base). I have the pure copper version. Its pretty small. The thing is, its not a mainstream HS. As its not suggested often and so you might not get temps close to what other Really good ones such as the XP-120 or the Scytche ninja. So youll need some Artic silver 5 and a really fast such as a tornado. Which is my exact setup.

Sometimes the heatsink manufacturer's website will have a list of compatible motherboards and/or known problems. I'm using a Thermalright xp-90, but that's on a socket 478, plenty of room though. I'll probably carry it over my conroe build whenever I do that after getting the socket 775 bracket.

basicly you want a copper heatsink with heatpipes, the more pipes the better...

Well i definitely underestimated the space my mobo would allow. i saw on newegg a review about the scythe infinity that said it fit pretty well on his aw9d, and our mobo's being practically the same i went with it. but for some reason im getting higher temps now than i did with the stock cooling...im pretty sure its becasuse the hsf doesn't have the best contact. any suggestions on how to fix that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom