Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay if you think Vista will be the downfall of M$ then apparently you dont remember ME. Which is by far the worst OS ever written.

Vista is better on a lot of things than XP. I have used it for over a year now the past 6 months as my Main OS.

As far as your hardware arguement think back to those of us that were running 98 on 64MB of RAM and XP recommended 256MB. So asking for 1GB isnt that far off from the jump from 98 to XP.

Let alone what dx10 is gonna offer on the grounds of games and images. Your artile why Vista will suck...well plain and simple it comes from Linux backers. Naturally they are gonna say it sucks. Not like someone who codes Linux Distros will give props to M$.

There is no key issues at all with the bundled software. I run RTM. Build 6.0.6000.16386 which is going to be released come Jan. I was a Tester and got a copy early. I have yet to find any software "Bundled" that doesnt work with it. there are a few apps that are 3rd party that dont work. But far less than when Vista was in Beta stages.

So i have to fully disagree with your statement vernong. I have used PC's for longer than you have been around. Vista is by far one of the Best OS's that i have used. Not even for the Glass which i turn off.

So when you want to have a real discussion about the benefits of running Vista...come talk to me then. :p

eh i'm just neutral and those aren't my articles..... just some ones i looked at online........... and theres major points u have there

It is nothing personal. What it comes down to is who is getting kick backs from writting those articles. As you see form the source of the one it is Linux backed. So of course they will be Anti-M$. The Other article i didnt look at but it is probably a company that gets Kick backs from M$ so they will be pro M$.

Best bet is to try it out for yourself. that is the only way you can know for sure if Vista will be what you want to use.

lol truth be told i loved it, it was great but i did not like the memory hog it did to the family 768 mb PC and when i tried to play heroes 5 on it got laggy, plus it was a bit slow when i wanted approval for heroes 5 to put on my PC, i was also against the ridiculosly priced software! (**** them parental controls, my family server has to accept it first, but i made it apporve everything yay!!), maybe i should upgrade it 2 gb this weekend, i'll search thru the closet when i get a chance......................... i wanna buy home premuim but that would require a clean install, plu si'm gonna have to buy a 399$ program.

geeze why do they have to make it that long, it's like if you take the decinals out thats how many bugs there are in that windows version

Wow. I still hate it when people say stupid things like htat. I would like to see some people that say windows is buggy make a OS that arouns 90% of the world uses and have it be bugless.

I mean comeon. If that many people use it naturally there are going to be problems. Espically with how many different hardware combonations there are. Let alone how many different pieces of software there are.

So go get the Linux Kernel and write a OS. Make sure you can have it compatable with every piece of software and game out there. When you accomplish that make sure it is air tight and that no hackers can find any flaws in it. When you accomplish that i want a copy of it. For Free too.

Please. Dont be so ignorant. It takes a lot of hard work and a lot of time to accomplish what M$ does. If you dont think they do a good job use OS X or Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom