How to make an "Image" of a game on hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jonny_uk said:
Tried that and nothing happens? it says "mount on divice" and then its got (f: ) with a load of numbers, so i select this and the menu goes off the screen and nothing appears to happen? maybe its already done?:confused:

it is. I was just checking to make sure.

right click the f drive and select explore. look for the autorun and setup feature

well clicking autorun brings up the bf2142 splash screen with all the options etc, then if i try to start the game it tells me to insert the bf2142 disc?
And what do you mean install? i don't want to install the game as its already on my pc!? and the actual image ive created is 3 gigs so that should be everything i need to start the game surly?

jonny_uk said:
well clicking autorun brings up the bf2142 splash screen with all the options etc, then if i try to start the game it tells me to insert the bf2142 disc?
And what do you mean install? i don't want to install the game as its already on my pc!? and the actual image ive created is 3 gigs so that should be everything i need to start the game surly?

i don't know that game. but when it ask for that cd, you should browse to that virtual cd drive.

Battlefield 2142, sorry i thought you would understand!

Anyway, browse to the virtual drive you say? and then what? im just going round in circles here lol.

I just thought i could have one icon on my desktop so i can just click that and the game will start, this is sounding harder than getting the disc out and putting it in my machine! hmmm

there is a simple step somewhere that you are missing. I'm just the only one willing to walk you through it step by step

yeah i did notice, thanks.

But this isnt making sense to me, going on this, then here and there, right clicking etc etc, it should be well easy!? like you said theres just something im not doing clearly!

how long did you have the game installed? I'm thinking that maybe you need to uninstall then reinstall from the virtual drive. then the game should know to reference that virtual drive

Been installed for about 3weeks now, and yeah maybe your right about uninstalling and reinstalling but i dont want to do that unless i know 100% that will fix it.
But no matter what i do or click it just wants the cd to start still!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom