build V buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infernicus

In Runtime
so i was pondering

build or buy?

i know with a low budget people will tend to buy as in actual fact it works out cheaper

but how much do you REALY have to spend to out perform a bought PC?

i mean, is a £500 better then a £500 custom one? considering OS monitors etc etc

and what price bondary are you realy expected to meet?

i mean fair enough a £2000 custom built rig is gonna out perform 99% is not 100% of all £2000 bought ones but what if i have like £700?

im not sure if i should save the pennies and buy one for £500 or spend a bit more and make the effort to build one, any thoughts?

At that price range if you build your own you might need a little bit more to get started, but it will be 2-3x as nice of a computer as if you had bought it. You can do a lot with 700 pounds. Anyone know how to make a pound sign?

On average, its usually worth it to build a Computer if.
you have more then 600$
Gamming
Video Editing
Music Creation and Editing
Mass Storage or Server

The only two times its better to buy is when you have
Less than 600 to spend
Or just need it for web broswing, Typing or IMing.

Wow..... old thread revival....

what do you mean by an OP device? and optical mouse? and optical drive, like a CD or DVD drive?

Also, what are you going to use this PC for? Like STe said previously.... if you aren't going to be gaming or using high end apps, you would actually be better off with an OEM computer... get a cheap setup, with everything you need, monitor & sometimes a printer.

yea that complett thing looks good but i was hoping for a different case, could i get that then just move all the parts or is that too much work?

you can customize it to what you want.

go to the custom with expert options and buy link. it will let you break down each part.

BUILD THE FEELING of achievement and satisfaction is incredible and you get to choose exactly what u want. Okay u might think Dell, but theyll rip you off!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom