How to make an "Image" of a game on hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
How would i go about this? ive got Alcohol 120% free with some software ages ago but never actually used it, but am i right in thinking i can do this on Alcohol 120%?
If so can i have a step by step of how to do it? and also is there any downsides to making an image?

Thanks

am i right in thinking i can do this on Alcohol 120%?
Yep. I use it.

you can burn an ISO to a virtual drive created with Alcohol
use the image creation wizard

I'm at work, so I don't have it in front of me. Basically, create an image of the disk, save it in a location you can find (create a folder in the game's directory), then mount the image in a virtual drive.

I use it with my BF2 so I don't have to have my drive spinning all the time.

Ok i mount an image on a virtual drive, well having not done this before ive absolutly no idea what that entails! ill have a go and use the wizard then.

Thanks guys

Right ive created the image using Alcohol 120%, and now ive got this...
Screenshot-08_12_200614_47_23.jpg

And then in "my computer" ive now got this in there......
Screenshot-08_12_200614_47_38.jpg

Now according to Alcohol 120%, it makes a virtual drive automatically? but ive tried starting the game via this but it just tells me windows doesn't recognize this file and what programme do i want to open it with? so theres obviously something i need to do which i havent already done?

Tried that and nothing happens? it says "mount on divice" and then its got (f: ) with a load of numbers, so i select this and the menu goes off the screen and nothing appears to happen? maybe its already done?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom