Does there exist a small laptop that can run two external screens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakkan

Beta member
Is there any computer of maximum 15.4" screen size that can run two external monitors at once and run them as an expanded desctop?

Cool. What's an adapter like that called? Will it work just as well as it would om laptop could do it even withouth an adapter? I mean like, would the displays be blurry or would it take more CPU or anything? If not, then that is awesome news!

EDIT: Is the adapter possible to use with any graphics card, even an intergrated one with only one VGA output?

I'm not sure how many can run 2 external monitors. I know my laptop(iBook) can run one external and the built in monitor for the expanded desktop.

I checked into the Matrox adapter. It seems like it can't run a big enough resolution for the monitors I want to use (1600x1200). So it seems like that isn't an option.

bzflag: Yeah, most laptops can to just that. But I'm thinking some laptop should be able to run 2 external monitors as well. I have a 17" Dell Inspiron 9400 and it can run 2 external monitors. It has a ATI mobility radeon x1400 or something like that. Strangly many of the 14" and 15" computer I've looked at that can't run 2 external monitors have had better graphics cards like ATI mobility radeon x1600 and x1700. I don't know why they can't run two external...

It's probably due to space constraints. just the physical space of having 2 monitor outputs on the side on a laptop vs the reward probably isnt worth it for most manufacturers. its certainly not a question of the hardware being able to handle it.

Thanks bzflag. Follow-up question though. Most 14" and 15" laptops don't have two outputs. But I've at least found some Asus and Acer computers that do. They have two outputs and they have the graphics cards Geforce Go 6600/6700 and ATI radeon mobility x1300/x1600/x1700.

So they do have the outputs and they have good graphics cards. But when I've talked to they support of Asus and Acer they've said that it can't runt run 2 external monitors at once anyway, unless they are clones. Anyone got any idea why that is? It just seems odd, and I'm hoping at least one computer out there is an exeption. Still hoping someone knows of any.

thanks

Sorry to BUMP this once. I just don't want to give up just yet because I really hope there is a 14-15" computer with support for 2 external monitors, and I hope someone knows of one. Please.

I won't bump it again.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom